BRAISED PORK WITH STRAW MUSHROOM
Soft and chewy straw mushrooms when cooked with pork will give off a fatty and very attractive flavor, especially when eaten with hot rice.
Boil – Steam – Stew
– Wash the meat with dilute salt water, pat dry, cut into thick squares. Marinate the meat with minced shallot, fish sauce, and sugar.
– Cut the stem of straw mushrooms, wash the dust and drain.
– Heat a pan with cooking oil, add 1 tbsp of sugar to make caramel sauce. Add meat to mix well. Add 2 tbsp of filtered water. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat until soft.
– Add mushrooms and chili to cook for 10 more minutes. Season to taste.
– Take down and sprinkle with scallions and ground pepper.